Tuesday, May 22, 2007

As I see it now.

Basically I see my disability as a hinderance to my social standing with my family and friends. As I see it now I have a disconnect between my loved ones and I because I use a speech generative device to communicate. This disconnection is why sometimes I feel isolated because I feel few people truely understand what it is like to have your disability impede your communication. Communication is essentially the basis of how we engage in society and how we as humans stay connected to each other. So since it is a struggle for me to communicate because I have more of a challenge to build a relationship with other people. I think the most important thing a human does is to build strong loving relationships with God and other people. Since it's more of a challenge for me to do that I realise how much of a gift it is to have these relationships.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home